Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ready to retire? ....






If given a chance its everyone dream to have an early retirement but can we afford this now?Maybe 15 yrs ago thats a dream comes true ..... today our retirement age being increased to 62 yrs from 55 yrs old.That means I have another 4 more years before I can retire and thats when I will be 62 ... yes 62 ... ni mesti ada yang tak percaya kan? Adik2 semua akak will be 58 soon come rain or shine cuma hati ni aje yg masih muda ..... hahaha ....But if given good health insya'allah I will continue working as long I am able .... kalau tak sape lah nak bagi makan kan?With His blessing I have an apartment to call my own and all paid for.







With high cost of living we have to work to support ourselves and its even worst with high medical fees ... we just can't afford to stay home and goyang kaki.


Ni important takde ni takde retirement lah nampak nya kan?



Well its true when one retires one is suppose to take things easy but one has nothing to do then what????we rot rite?SoI am determine to work not for another 4 years but beyond that as long as I am needed if not as a caregiver maybe behind McD counters or KFC counters....hahaha











In reality, most older ones who do not want to retire, or who cannot afford to retire, if they are fortunate enough to find a decent job, will not make enough to travel overseas or .......... ............ (fill in the blanks). It will be a bonus to earn enough to pay for rising cost of basic necessities......








What bring me to mention about this ??? MM Lee KY brought this up and I was reading them this morning in our national news paper in all 4 languages and I agree whole heartedly what he says......




"Warga tua juga boleh kekal aktif dengan bekerja, oleh itu Encik Lee tidak berasa Singapura harus mempunyai usia persaraan. Setiap lelaki atau wanita harus bekerja seberapa lama yang boleh, dan hanya menukar tahap kesukaran atau jenis pekerjaan apabila usia mereka semakin meningkat, kata beliau"




Soalan yg banyak di tanya2.........How issit when we call for an interview .. the first thing they asked..How old are you?and if we are beyond 45 they will say they are looking for someone younger!!! .... kwang ...kwang.... kwang ...... Do you think we as senior citizen stand a chance to compete with the younger generations?





As for me age shouldn't be the question its experienced that counts ... a young person with paper chase may not work as well as those with experience*wink2*




In whatever I just hope Allah will grant me a good healthy life so I can continue working as long as I can:)I just can't picture myself doing nothing and getting sick.






I probably will be like this ..... on the net 24 hrs a day ...... hahaha .......



How do I change?

If I feel depressed I will sing.

If I feel sad I will laugh.

If I feel ill I will double my labour.

If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.

If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.

If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.

If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.

If I feel incompetent I will think of past success.

If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.

Today I will be the master of my emotions.

Og Mandino

till my next entry.............................


Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger silversarina said...

I understand kak elle is a workaholic type and of course there are so many people out there who still need your service .

As a housewife for more than 17 years now I find myself comfortable taking care of my family and of course there is no retirement age for housewives... :)

I love that granny blogger cartoon..hehehe...

5:18 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

Rina....

as long as I can work I will do so and my biggest wish is for a healthy tomorrow:)

who says you can't retire?leave the hosuework to a robot:)

granny blogger it will be I can't find a queen blogger .... hahaha

6:28 PM  
Blogger Brecht said...

Memang macam tak percaya at all Kak Elle will turn 58!! U look WAY younger Kak Elle, i honestly tot u look no more than 48!! Yg tu hari visit you over raya, B tanya how old u think she is, i told him, aiyah, looks like 40 plus only..then B happily say, oh ya?? then she only a few years older than me heheheheh Exactly when your birthday Kak Elle? = )

8:34 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mush...

thats a compliment coming from both you hehe...suka nya:)

birthday next month Mush ... keep reading my blog the day will come soon.

9:18 PM  
Blogger tulipurple said...

kak elle...what a nice N3 to ponder,especially for me who's sooner or later will be in ur shoes also.get prepared!
as sis silversarina said..obviously,u r a workaholic type.
May all the happiness and health will always be with u,insyaAllah.
betoi tu kata Mush...u do look younger then ur age :,)

Go Granny Go.....hehe so cute lah d pic.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Cat Cat said...

Muda lagi tu Kak Elle... The most important thing is the health... As long as one is healthy, that's all it matters... Banyak duit mana pun, no point... Health is more important than anything else ya...

3:39 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

tulip..

you have a long way more to go to reach that stage and for now just look after the 2 children see them grow to be successful:)

Age is just a number...hahaha

6:41 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

cath...

yes thats why my biggest wish is to remain healthy to pursue the future:)

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kerja kak jangan tak kerja...

maklang ni kalau boleh nak retire...boleh buat jahit2 tu dengan sesuka hati...
tapi dengan satu syarat income mesti sama dengan apa yang dapat sekarang! Boleh terjadi ke angan2 ni??

8:27 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

maklang...

betul tu for u no problem you are gifted with your hand ,jahit-menjahit,masak-memasak,serba serbi bolih...tapi kalau nak sama dgn income kerja insya'allah bolih cuma tak tido lah 24 jam...kerja...kerja....

8:38 AM  
Blogger cikMilah said...

You're blessed with good health, good living, beauty, good heart and many many more....go Nona Singapura! Self employed pun best kan...,cuti ikut suka hati.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

cikmilah...

syukur alhamdulillah:)self employed is hard work from morn till nite...

eh now ada 40 days leave more than self employed...hahahaha

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sama mcm catcat juga...

The most important thing is the health..

9:29 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

ajzie...

mudah2an di kabulkan insya'allah

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home