Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Friday, January 04, 2008

Irresistible offer.



What do you do when you have an offer of a job that is so irresistible to refuse?? I was offered a job in June when I was on holiday in Europe and since it was a long distance call we decided to talk about it when I come back to sg.True to her word the next day after I touched down she called and that time I was so jetlagged and was asleep at 4pm .... mata ni mmg tak bolih buka lansung apa ntah lagi nak berbual panjang anyway the first time offer I wasn't keen as it only offered me 14 days leave when at present I am getting 28 days leave....pay-wise pun abt the same so I put that offer aside tapi bila ingat kerja 5 hari tu mmg bagus macam dlm mimpi kan?and most of all no ebillings to bring home to do..............


I forgot about this offer until she calls again to ask have I considered 2 month later ....... masih belum bersedia nak leave my colleagues that I have work with for so long .....




She never gave up hope so sometimes in late November she sms to counter offer again since I wasn't keen on that 14 days leave she now offered me 40 days leave same as the teachers.I mentioned this to maklang and also to Hazia when she was in Singapore for the writers festival.We both were wondering how come she couldn't get staff all these months perhaps its not an easy job.





Last evening she called with the same offer and once again I ask about the pay this time :) finally she offers $300/- more than what I was getting now.An irresistible offer indeed and today I am moving on after 30 over years with THD..... yes I sent in my letter of resignation.



It wasn't an easy time giving my letter to my boss and before I can even open my mouth I cried buckets ..... tears were at the corners of my eyes as much as I love this place but one can only accept up to a limit.....working with no benefits and no appreciation from them.We are like a slave paid to work no mercy or feelings at all. Of course he tried to make me stay and if I can change my mind about leaving ..... he looks sad and down so I guess when he went to our main branch in the afternoon they probably had a meeting not because of my letter but also my buddy Fiona followed suit and gave her letter too withing 5 minutes of my leaving his room.


I am moving on ................... how can I not accept this offer !! What do you think did I make the right decision????pleaseeeeeeeeeeee say yes and you agree with me.

An hour ago boss called and counter offer me same salary but told him I am getting 40 days leave also...he was dumbfounded for a second.....told him I will think about it:)........... the answer is obvious.................

FYI I will be moving to this organisation looking after the sick bay for students at this international school.Since this is under the MOE we will get what the govt will offer in sense of pay increase and end of the year bonuses......yahoooooooooooooo:)

To my buddy and friend Fiona my good wishes for you and hope you too will get an offer that have no responsiblity too or perhaps boss called you too to counter offer more pay raise as well.....hehe.....tonite he can't sleep at all thinking of losing 2 able-bodied staff leaving his nest.

But I can sleep in late as of tonite till 15th as I am clearing my leave and also to go to the dentist.........alamakkkkkkk.

till my next entry..........................








Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Norabella said...

Kak Elle....What a surprise! I thought berita gembira is from Mak Lang's...the offer is definitely too good to resist. I will definitely accept the offer. Lets hope everything goes on well with you..Good luck...

Akak ni kan makin lama makin vogue dan masih di nanti-nanti..experience misi like you...very hard to come by...Fiona pun tak boleh kerja tanpa you!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

Nora...

alhamdulillah masih ada org nak employ senior citizen like me kan?

nora for now all I want is just go to work and come home with no stress and workload!

hehe vogue!!yes my best wishes that Fiona will get an offer too soon.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes..akak.. i think u have made the right choice... and just imagine...no e billing!!

and the work tempo u had to endure pun memang is not good for ur health kan.... ? so perhaps this is for the best..memang la sedih nak tinggalkan tempat kerja lama after years of service there

whatever it is...good luck in ur new place... a person with ur experience is hard to get by... that makes u precious...too bad ur former boss tak appreciate u all...

and Good luck to fiona too!! 2 people resigning at the same day.. i can imagine the panic ur former boss is in...

fiona pun memang dah dpat offer kerja lain ker akak??

9:40 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah......

rinduuuu kat kamu lama tak dengar...hey ur partial laptop tu cute lah....hahaha

yes I am sure I did make the right decision...

no Fiona hasn't got a job offer yet but being an experience staff nurse no problem ... nurses are in demand.

Simah boss dah call me tadi nak counter offer.

9:44 PM  
Blogger cikMilah said...

WoW ! Congrats, congrasts, congrats. Good move KakElle.
40 hari cuti...I kalau nak cuti macam tu kena beranak dulu...! Best of luck for yr new job. It must be fun working with student.

11:09 PM  
Blogger ICook4Fun said...

Congratulations on your new job Kat Elle. Hope you will be happy there and best wishes to you.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Brecht said...

Salam dari Belgium Kak Elle, congrats on being so wanted in the job industry, the new place is so lucky to get you! Good luck and we wish you a smooth transition. I have learnt in life that CHANGE is the only constant thing. Thus i think this change will do u lots of good ; )

12:34 AM  
Blogger maklang said...

Tahniah...ingat dah tak jadi ! Tapi the 40 days leave tu memang tak leh resist!

Mana akak kata nak tidur lewat? Tak nampak pun ni, baru pukul 12 lebih dah tak ada ni...

So, 15 hari tu, boleh ke korban sikit untuk nak datang sini?. 10hb ni kat Kerteh cuti, why not come here for a few days?

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on your new job!!! finally someone recognises your hard work!!! Now you can come visit and stay longer:)

1:48 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

cikmilah...

TQ TQ mmg macam maternity leave kan whats more kalau add on the public holidays lagi banyak kan?hahaha

5:23 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

icook4fun...

thank u for ur good wishes and I hope I'll be happy at this place working with kiddos.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mush....

perhaps I shud have done it 6 months ago eh?and I would have gotten that 2.5bonus as recommended by the govt!!!hehehe

5:27 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

maklang...

the job come to me so maybe ini rezeki yg tak bolih di tolak lagi...sape kata I nak tido lewat...

sleep late tu bolih bangun lambat..tak payah tergesa2 pergi kerja lah maklang...I dah tido jam 10pm...masih penat walaupun Fiona balik kerja smlm.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

judy...

yes finally someone outside appreciate my hardwork!!not easy to find someone who is multitasks...

my leave to be taken for summer and xmas break...follow the teachers leave and thats when its peak to flyyyyyyy.....haha

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coNgraTs to kakelleDVouGeDVassDBoom!Sesungguhnye Dia Maha Mengetahui yg Terbaik utk hamba2Nya.....
wahhh...lepas nie byk lah balik pic n resepi2 dr kak elle...yabedabeduu!or maybe more orders for knitting ,ihiks'.
take care ya' sis!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Cat Cat said...

Kak Elle,
Congratulations to you... Wah, 40 days of leave - mana boleh tolak the job offer.
Semoga Kak Elle happy at your new job..??

Eh, ex-boss Kak Elle tak nangis ke..??? Mesti tidur tak lena, mandi tak basah, makan tak kenyang ni, Minum bebanyak pun haus lagi... HEHEHE!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

tulipurple...

insya'allah dapurkakelle akan berasap kembali lagi...hehe

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

cath...

thank u :)not only 4o days plus public holidays lagi byk kan?just saw their term calendar byk juga extra public holiday for school so if teachers not working same for me right?hahaha

boss very sad Cath he has no words prob in shock!!last nite when he calls also he mumbles to counter offer same salary...but bolih ke dia offer same number of leaves and 5 day week.

11:38 AM  
Blogger zlaa said...

All the best Kak Elle!

4:22 PM  
Blogger M A Janssen said...

Hi Auntie Tipah. Congrats on your new job & hopefully you'll get what you are looking for there. Just follow your gut & your mind so if you feel you shd move on, then things will fall into place for you there. Our best wishes to you.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

zlaa...

TQ very much I needed that:)

~~~~

Mus...

TQ 2 u too ..yes I guess its written that I have to make a change after 30 yrs:)

Regards to David and Dahlia,must be damn cold now eh over there?

9:30 PM  
Blogger M A Janssen said...

Hi AT. Yes it's cold but we're spared the bad weather in Britain & rest of Europe. Mostly it's just very windy here so it can get VERY cold indeed. Otherwise it's the usual gloomy rainy winter we always have. Keep warm for us!!!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Wow Kak Elle! New year, new beginnings, new job!! I am sure it is a better deal than your present one. Banyak cuti tu ... plus got bonus some more!

It's good to know that market demands are still high for experienced (and matured) staff. Nanti jangan jadi Matron garang dah le. Reminds me of those Enid Blyton books - boarding schools and matrons and all, hee hee :-)

All this while, I thought you were doing personal-related e-billings. Heran juga. Rupanya it was work related (duhh).

Good luck in the new job, sis.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mus...

will send some heat over thru cyber to u....hehehe

5:23 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

queen...

yes a new beginning and perhaps this is meant for me esp they are willing to wait 6 months for me to consider kan?


hahaha....I can never be a garang matron!! reason why I was headhunted was because of my cool way of talking....hehehe

YES what they need now to trplace me is a clerk and not a nurse to do all that job.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam Kak Elle
Good on you. Congratulations. Well, when it's time to move you and your instinct is saying so, do not hesitate. Usually, instinct comes from up above, kan.
All the best. May you are happier at the new place. Mwah mwah mwah. Amin.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

OD...


thank u OD cun ku:)

yes if its mine it will be mine kan?

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home