Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Today being sunday my dapur berasap and the best part I woke up early and decide to start early.Lepas subuh put the kettle on to make my first cup of coffee and at same time defrost my beef...last evening dah pun hiris keping2.I normally buy batang pinang as I find it more tender and easier to cook.After getting my ingredients blended start to heat the oil and halfway who knows alah run out of gas.....dah tergendala...have to wait till 8am when the shop will open to get someone to deliver the gas cylinder.Since I don't cook much during the weekdays the cylinder of gas can last up abt 5months.Everythime they deliver the price always goes up by $2/-I am unlucky in a way that my housing area don't have pipe gas so you don't have to worry as gas supply 365 days a year.

So decide to go down to the market and since I have to wait till 8 before the gas shop will open might as well be an early bird.At this time less mak ciks to fight with at the fish/chicken stalls....hehe.Lots of fresh sotong today so I bought some to cook and also bought prawns, fish 3 types and chicken etc.

Todays menu and since I Ter-rajin manage to cook 4 dishes and this include sayur lemak cabbage with long beans and carrots.
For the recipes of black pepper beef and sotong kunyit please go to my dapurkakelle I will put the entries later.




Black pepper beef with green/red capsicum.




Sotong tumis kunyit.

These beauty prawns is mamasarah recipe from her pondok-pondok website.

ok mamasarah the test is ok and maybe next time I'll use honey and see the diff .... I didn't blend the chili finely as I want the course look and maybe a squeeze of lime may help too.I was hoping for drier look but don't want to overcook the prawns....any suggestion?

This is all for today's makan makan and after this its homework time ...... arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!! I want to take a siesta firstttttttttttttt.

till my next entry........

Labels:

29 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elle, looks yummy. I still remember your 'Nasi Planta' the one that I had at your cousin's house in PJ. By the way is she married?

Yeen

9:32 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

yeen at last u appear lagi and how are you my dear?Any good news yet?bukan nasi planta lah butter rice.Deyna in China now she is working as HR ... they need a malay who speaks mandarin and she qualifies for the job.They are no longer in PJ now somewhere in Klang.

9:35 PM  
Blogger aNIe said...

Kak elle...selalu bila hari minggu mesti terajin ye....hehehe...best tau pegi pasar pagi2 ...banyak yang fresh2...hari ni cik abang lady pun pegi pasar...beli sotong & udang...tapi tak lah sebesar udang kak elle tu...

9:37 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

kaklady...

rajin terpaksa kak lady....haha
udang tu lah yg paling kechil 1kg $8/-

9:44 PM  
Blogger maklang said...

sedap nya tengok makanan malam2 ni...

kak, now blog boleh masuk, tapi Ym pulak tak leh...dia suruh tido tu agaknya....

10:53 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

maklang...

hari ni rajin sikit so bolih lah masak macam2 sikit.I pun dah letih buat e-billing tak habis2.Badan pun dah penat dari subuh belom dapat kejam mata lagi.

Blogger ni kekadang mabuk sikit maybe traffic heavy.

take care maklang wah enjoy nampak kat family day?dapat lucky draw apa tahun ni?

11:06 PM  
Blogger Mama Sarah said...

WAAAHHHH kak elle, my Wah's fried prawns.

Did you marinade the prawns first? my nenek does not use honey, so it's not essential.

I suggest you to fry it on VERY HOT fire througout with a little bit more oil. You can drain the excess oil afterwards.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Faizah said...

waaa...sungguh teruja melihat hidangan2 ittew..

1:09 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mamasarah...

yesssssssssss I did it and I did marinate for half an hour.Ok may try frying with more oil.

faizah...

cuba lah buat .. recipe pun dah di bagi tunggu apa lagi?haha

6:59 AM  
Blogger pekan said...

yeah.. letak byk2 lagi resepi kak.. nanti boleh cuba..

10:01 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Yummy yummy .... Kak Elle, I suppose kalau I rajin bloghop, I'll find lots of tried and tested recipes that fellow bloggers post - boleh try and my dapur pun bolehlah berasap selalu.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

berapa orang makantu Kak elle. Yum..yum..

11:55 AM  
Blogger oldtown~Smell the Roses said...

rajinnya kakak kita ni!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

PISCES....
u kena belajar nanti bolih masak for pak and mak in law:)

easylady...

selalu nya sunday 3 families dtg so abt 20 of us...balance die org tah pau.

3:56 PM  
Blogger silversarina said...

lepas gian masuk blog jugak... ada resipi pulak tu...boleh try cuba masak tapi udang memang tak sanggup nak beli.... semalam pergi carrefour 1kg udang =JD35=RM170... kena guna bahan mentah lain....

Glad that u're fine again.....

5:24 PM  
Blogger simah said...

alahai..seafood hari ni..... bila masak ada orang makan memang berbaloi masak kan ..

5:26 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

queen...
this is the beauty of blogging kan masuk2 blog ada recipe and from here we learn a lot rite? cuba lah apa2 yg minat ok?

nani...

rajin terpaksa....haha

lj...

yes I am 99% road to recovery bab tu dah mula masak2.Tak kan lah sekecik ni sampai JD35 sekilo?

simah...

tu lah simah bila perik belanga licin puas hati kan?

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sya said...

kak elle... dah meleleh air liur ni.. esp the udang.. nyam nyam nyam

Kak elle thanks for the blog template.. lom ada masa nak buat nanti InsyaAllah sya akan gunakan salah satu drnya

6:55 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

sya...

masih kat office lagi ke?cian nanti u dtg sg tinggal umah kak elle bolih masakan tu semua termasuk sambal goreng jawa:)

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elle,

Blog hopping. Ada baca your entries but I never leave my comments. By the way, masa tengah melompot2 from one blog to another I stumbled upon this blog www.mrfroggies.blogspot.com. Go ahead you will feel young again, trust me. I gave 5 star for Mr Froggies blog.

Yeen

10:23 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

yeen...

:)mrfroggies macam ku kenal yg ampunya....haha

10:55 PM  
Blogger Ajzie said...

Wah wah...sedap nya..
My favourite tuh..sotong and udang.. Adehhhh sini tak dapat fresh mcm tuh.. Semua frozen ..udang and sotong pun dah tak de baju....

10:59 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

ajzie...

terliuh tak azi?ye ke no fresh sea food kat sana.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Mulan said...

best nya daging, sotong & udang tu!!! yumm yumm..!!

school break 1 week ingat lepas pi s'pore... hieeyyy geram.. tak lepas pi pun. kids ni nak tunggu ayah dia ada sekali!! berkulat la.. asyik keje je.. thot can meet up wth u.. nampak gaya postpone lagi..

12:03 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mulan...
tu lah I tunggu mana mulan ..tak nampak online ingat dah pi NZ...hehe

5:40 AM  
Blogger Helena said...

bestnya dishes kak elle.... bab prawns Helena no comments sebab allergic..... pandang jer le.... hehe

8:52 AM  
Blogger NJ@Goboklama said...

alaaa..baca ni masa puasa lak hari ni,meleleh air liur...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

helena...
allergic to prawns rupa nya..dishes all simple easy to cook punya.

qisst...

so sorry sensored to semua yg puasa...hehe

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home