Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Friday, March 16, 2007


When you have an elder in the house it ain't easy esp mine as when I leave for work he will be on his own till I get back in the evening.My dad had stroke 3 yrs ago after 2 weeks of giddiness,he saw the local GP and was given medication but the giddiness still persisted.He also has high blood pressure and was on medication too.


It was in March 2004 he knocked at my bedroom door at 3am telling me he was having a very bad headache and giddiness and the medication from the GP had ran out.In that early hours when my eyes was 80% in twilight zone I can't even focus where I kept my own medications.Finally I found them in my toilettery bag as when I travel I will bring lots of medicines.After giving him the stemetil he went back to his room to sleep and I kept my door ajar.I couldn't go back to sleep and then I saw him sitting in the hall so I went out to keep him company.He felt better sitting up I sms to my siblings eventhough it was early morning at 5am and called my brother Fandi who was on night duty asking him to drop by on his way home and to bring father to my clinic.I had to go to work because one staff was on leave.I left for work at 8am with a heavy heart....
At 9.00am I saw my father coming into the clinic with my brother and how shocked I was because by then the sign of stroke was clearly shown on him .... his mouth droops and how my heart sank and I put him in the wheelchair and wheeled him to the treatment room and did an ECG on him and also under Dr.Adah instructtion did his sugar level and my god it was 24mmol/l and thats very very high after examination its confirmed he had an early stroke and how he managed to walk all the way to the clinic from the basement carpark up the lift and to the clinic was a miracle.Actually my brother wanted to bring him straight to the hospital but he says I wanted him to go to the clinic first.
We called for the ambulance and he was transfered to the National University Hospital and as usual I was crying when we left the clinic....after a long examination he was finally admitted at 3pm.In the mean while all his children were already at the hospital.He was never a sickly person until then - we admitted him into a 4 bedded ward with a/cond and had his CTScan done and thank goodness no blood clot but he had an infarction in his right lobe and afters 3 days he developed shortness of breathe and was given ventolin nebuliser but with no help and on that fateful night he was moved to high dependancy ward on close observation and we informed that he is on dangerous list.He was hooked onto so many machines that everytime I was him my tears just rolled....he was not allowed solid at all.The therapist came to check if he can swallow and finally he was only allowed liquid.He was finally diagnosed as having pulmanory embolism due to blood clot on his left leg...and thats the cause of it a blood clot escape blocking his breathing.After 4 days in the high dependancy ward he was moved back to his normal ward and the bill so far was $16K!!!
I appealed with the admistrator to have him moved to a 6 bedded where the charges are lower as I don't think we can afford to pay more if he stayed longer in the 4 bedded.He stayed in hospital for a month and after that we have him moved to St.Lukes rehab home.At this place he did his physio everyday and after 6 wks he was able to walk unaided.He finally came home in June 2004 and I took leave to be with him and before his discharged we had the bathroom fixed with bars for him to hold and I bought a special chair for him to sit which is higher so he will be comfortable.
Initially when he was to be discharged we had a meeting-the Jellanies and spouses as we want to hear all voices...2 sisters offered to have him stayed with them as I won't be home during the day but he was adamant that he wants to live with me and that he can takes care of himself.We also contribute every month ontop of his pocket money for his medications etc and here I can say that not many keep to it though esp the sons except for 2 of them....haha...and most time it comes from my own pocket as his medicines are not cheap...daughters are still more reliable:)
I checked his blood pressure every morning did his glucose test twice a day and dispensed his medicines even though I was on leave I was actually a nurse at home:)When I start going to work my sis Lina will drop by with lunch for him and will stay till around 2.30pm as she has to be home in time for Nana's school bus at 3pm.I am happy that the sisters are united when it comes to father's welfare...even Maria who is so far away also sent $$ for his medicals and has been home twice since he was sick first with Adam,Jen and John again with Kristina and John in 2005.
Never take things for granted if not for his stroke we won't even know that he was also a diabetic.Months after he was discharged he finally took a walk downstairs on his own and alhamdulillah he recovered fully in the sense he is independant.The hard work he did at the rehab home was rewarding.
Like before, every morning before I go to work I will dispense his medications for all 3 doses am,lunch and pm.He is taking so much of medicines sometimes I wonder how he can swallow them.One thing I am glad is that he has the strong will to carry on with life.
He has been keeping well until late 2005 when he developed an allergy to one of his medicines that he was bleeding under the skin,his skin had patches of blood clots....until one morning his blood pressure dropped to a very low level that I panicked.I called in for urgent leave and made an urgent appointment with his neurologist.
He was admitted 2nd time and stayed almost 3 wks and until now he has been doing fine until lately he has swelling of his rt foot and thats the reason he didn't want to come to KL with us.
My doas to HIM please let him be healthy once again and hope he will have many more years with us.
I am sorry if this entry is a bit too long talking about my dear father...I have only one father and he is everything to us his children.May ALLAH always give him blessing in this old age and he will be celebrating his 79 birthday next month.
till my next entry.......

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Mama Sarah said...

SEmoga diberi kesihatan yang berpanjangan. He sounds like a real fighter there.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mamasarah...
TQ:)Yes he is a fighter!

11:03 PM  
Blogger aNIe said...

Kak elle....besar pahalanya menjaga seorang ayah yang telah berusia dengan berbagai masalah kesihatan. Dan bukan senang untuk melakukan semua tu sedangkan kak elle sendiri bekerja...tapi alhamdulillah ayah kak elle juga seorang yang tabah dan tak pernah kenal putus asa...

Semoga Allah melanjutkan usia Ayah kak elle dengan kesihatan yang lebih baik...

Dan semoga Allah memberikan rezeki yang melimpah pd kak elle & adik2...dan memberkati apa sahaja yang dilakukan

11:13 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

kak lady...
terima kasih atas doa yg diberi harapan skg supaya di ringgankan segala2 nya.

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Semoga bapak Kak Elle senantiasa berada didalam kesejahteraan dan di lindungi Allah. He's so lucky indeed to have wonderful children.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

nora...
thank you:)

7:27 AM  
Blogger silversarina said...

Very touching n3....I boleh bayangkan sebab my MIL pun kena stroke .

I respect you kak elle and May Allah Bless you and the entire family, InsyaAllah.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Faizah said...

Bonjour...salam perkenalan dari France

6:31 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

faizabelle...
Bonjour and tresbien for visiting..haha...hope my spelling is correct...salam berkenalan juga

6:49 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

LJ...

TQ...its my duty as a daughter to see to his well being.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Mulan said...

banyak pahala tu kak elle...

semoga dia sentiasa sihat dan gembira..

9:55 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mulan...
betul tu menjaga org tua mmg besar pahala nya:)

10:44 PM  
Blogger simah said...

menangis saya baca...

yes..u have only one father...masyaAllah memang tak menyesal dia donate sperm kat ur mom masa dulu... masyaAllah...akak memang anak yg baik..:)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah...
jgn lah menangis nanti I pun turut sama...

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home