Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Atok progress.....


Atok progress is not encouraging at all I am sad to say since been discharged on monday he has remained in bed and he is indeed very very weak.He is unable to stand up even with help and at one time he will sleep facing to his right but now even turning to his sides needs lots of energy ... poor bapak.He sleeps most time not knowing day and night as he doesn't want his curtain drawn thinking that people will look in.


He is still in delirium most times too asking for things which the maid don't understand most time too.Three important in his possessions are his passport,bankbook and wallet and whenever he opens his eyes and wanting his shirt he will asks for that 3 things.I felt sorry sometimes as his thinking is very far off just on wednesday itself he suddenly want to go for his appt and when I told him its next month ....

bapak ..... then I want to go home
me........bapak you are at home @ BB
bapak..... yes I want to go home to BB
me......yes this is home,you are at BB
bapak.....so I sleep here tonite till tomorrow?
me......you are sleeping here everyday on your own bed
bapak......oh I am at home?

and slowly between me and Wati we managed to coax him back to lay down.........



Now you tell me how do you feel when your own parents suddenly becomes like that?even writing this now I have tears at the corner of my eyes.Father was a very cheerful and always talking all info we want are always at his fingertips.Just ask him he will tell you from taking buses to anything you want to know.He watch the news from local to CNN to BBC world happenings and the sports channels..whose in and whose out...he will tell you.




When my sis Aini came he told her he is worried about his children ( thats us) and his children - what will happen to us??Aini told him not to think too much just try and relax and his answer "how to relax?the things keep coming to his mind".




I have made a point informing all my siblings to come daily and not all at same time during the weekends so that if one of us is around daily even if its just for an hour or so to talk to him so he won't feel lonely and to bring him back to the present.When I am at work he will be all alone with the maid Wati.So far responds is good ...Aini comes in everyday and talk to him since she is taking a break from work temporary.At times he will ask for some of the children and I will sms them to inform them 'father asking for you'....so cepat2 lah dtg....




Alhamdulillah as I am writing this bapak has walked with aids from my brother and Wati to the sitting room after so many days.

Please doakan ye bersama semoga atok akan cepat sembuh.









I managed to get hold of this DVD at last .... my sis bought it in JB 2 weeks ago and now that Aini and family has left for Darwin for a holiday at my aunt Ju's place I am borrowing it to watch one of this days.







till my next entry.................

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about pak cik. having people around him is the best and keep his mind stimulated. My mother was always looking for her money and purse before we realised that she was having alzeiheimer. I will keep him in my prayers.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

judy...

TQ for the prayers ... yes you went through with your mom before me and hope the family is coping with looking after her.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kak elle...
sabar bebanyak ye jaga atok...
kesabaran ini akan membuahkan bibit2 kenangan suatu hari nanti...
bagus tu jaga dia bergilir-gilir & everyday.. besar pahalanya...
kami tak sempat jaga arwah ayah lama-lama.. dia pergi lepas seminggu or 10 days kalo tak silap... and till this moment, i still miss him a lot!

and you shouldn't give up your dreams and hopes too okay!
insyaAllah atok will be just fine...

1:03 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

i don't know what to say. it's never easy to watch a parent sick and helpless like that. i can only offer my doa and virtual hugs...

hang in on there!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Brecht said...

Salam dari Belgium Kak Elle, we are so sorry to hear about your father's health & condition. Kita doakan dari sini supaya he will be better and able to walk around again. I know how it is to see your own parent this way, very disheartening indeed Kak Elle. Sabar aje kak elle insyaAllah, everything will be ok soon.

I dah aim nak beli that DVD too when we r home the next time. I read the review on Imran's blog, sounds like a good movie to watch, nanti Kak Elle bagi review nye ok after watching. enjoy the film.

4:40 PM  
Blogger maklang said...

Banyak2 bersabar ye kak...dugaan untuk semua tu dan mengingatkan kita, semuanya atas kehendakNya...moga2 Atok sihat kembali...Amin....

5:28 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

suealeen...

mmg besar pahala nya menjaga org tua kita hendak2 di masa mereka memerlukan kita skg...al-fathiha untuk arwah your father semoga roh nya di cucuri rahmat...amin.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

nazrah...

having to send that virtual hugs is as good as having you here with me and TQ:)

How are and getting along over there?

take care too.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mush....

thank you..thank you...

ok will give my review on the ayat2 cinta once I've watched it.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

maklang...

terima kasih maklang dan untuk maklang juga byk berehat supaya cepat sembuh juga.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Cat Cat said...

Kak Elle,
I'm sorry to hear about Atok...
Please be patience ya Kak Elle. Atok dah tua... It's the phrase everyone of us has to go thru... (I pray hard if I could live as long as Atok)...

Semoga Atok gets better soon!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

cath...

We are all playing along with atok cath but somehow yesterday he seems to be his normal self:)

7:40 AM  
Blogger zino said...

kak elle..
bersimpati dengan apa yg berlaku dengan atok.. pendapat zino itu merupakan proses yang biasa di lalui kepada sesetengah orang.. keadaan serupa berlaku kepada uwan zino dulu.. kadangkala freshback dia sampai ke zaman mak zino kanak kanak..

kak elle kena banyak bersabar dengan keadaan sekarang.. kadangkala dia akan nampak dunia lain yg kita tidak kelihatan.. semuga kak elle sentiasa memberi keselesaan utk atok dan melayan segala kemahuan nya..

7:44 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

zino...

insya'allah kami akan menjaga atok dgn LTC macam selalu...

ni dah balik KL ye?

7:55 AM  
Blogger Neeza Shahril said...

sedih neeza baca kisah atok yang kak elle tulis..
neeza pun ingat Opah neeza yang Mak neeza jaga 2 tahun lepas.. dia selalu tanyakan anak-anak dan cucu-cucu.. bila kita cerita pada dia.. dia tanya lagi. Seakan-akan rindu dan nak sangat jumpa..
Dia pun ingat macam2 peristiwa yang lama2...

neeza cuma mampu mendoakan atok sentiasa senang dan ceria...

3:51 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

neeza..

nak buat cam mana ni masa dia masa kita macam mana agak nya kan?

sama2 kita doakan yg terbaik untuk atok.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home