Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I receive this in my email and like to share it with you ........



TO ALL THE THOSE WHO WERE BORN IN THE 50's and 60's / early '70s............ First, we survived with mothers who had no maids. They cooked /cleaned while taking care of us at the same time.

They took aspirin, candies floss,fizzy drinks, shaved ice with syrups and diabetes were rare. Salt added to Pepsi or Coke was remedy for fever.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets.

As children, we would ride with our parents on bicycles/ motorcycles for 2 or 3. Richer ones in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a private taxi was a special treat.

We drank water from the tap and NOT from a bottle.

We would spend hours on the fields under bright sunlight flying our kites, without worrying about the UV ray which never seem to affect us.

We go to jungle to catch spiders without worries of Aedes mosquitoes.

With mere 5 pebbles (stones) would be a endless game. With a ball (tennis ball best) we boys would run like crazy for hours.

We catch guppy in drains / canals and when it rain we swim there.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually worry about being unhygenic.

We ate salty, very sweet & oily food, candies,bread and real butter and drank very sweet soft sweet coffee/ tea, ice kacang, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, till streetlights came on.
No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours repairing our old bicycles and wooden scooters out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem .

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, multiple channels on cable TV, DVD movies, no surround sound, no phones, no personal computers, no Internet.WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and we still continued the stunts.

We were never given birthday parties till we were 21,
We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and just yelled for them!
The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

Yet this generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 40 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO

DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them!

CONGRATULATIONS!
You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the government regulated our lives for our own good.
and while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.


PS: -The big type is because of Long-sightedness or hyperopia at your age .

kak lady tak payah guna spek bolih baca kan?

till my next entry............




Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger MAMAMIA said...

Salam...

Been a silent reader, baru ni nak komen.

This N3 brings back lots of sweet memories. My kids suka sangat dengar "cerita Mama masa kecik..". They wish they can do all that. Sekarang nak bagi diaorng keluar pagar pun susah.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Cat Cat said...

Kak Elle,
Cath pun dapat email yang sama from a friend who lives in USA. She said she got it from her friend in Malaysia. I guess this email has been all over the Southeast Asia then.. but thanks for sharing.

8:43 AM  
Blogger maklang said...

Sekarang semuanya kena berhati2...

Thanks kak for sharing...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Sya said...

Itulah kak Elle.. bebudak skrg kena ujan sikit dah "sot" "sot" demam.. kita dulu berlari dalam hujan ... tak de apa pun.

Kekadang sya sakit hati pd parents yg terlalu protective.. paling bengang kalau ujan nak htr anak gi sekolah kalau boleh tak nak anak kena setitik hujan pun so jem teruk kat sekolah. Kalau ujan lebat tak pe.. hujan renyai pun sama.. hish

9:51 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Kak Elle, I can SO relate to all that!! And I do miss those carefree childhood days, which unfortunately our children now dah tak ada chance nak merasa. They have become a generation of inactive, sheltered people. Playing games depan computer/TV is about the only action they get. Tak ada chance nak berpeluh ..... duduk pun dalam aircond most of the time. Nak keluar rumah/pagar pun (mak bapa) takut. Kesian budak-budak sekarang ...... I wonder if they'll grow up to be risk takers. I'm not even sure they can be adventurous.

9:54 AM  
Blogger oldtown~Smell the Roses said...

Kak Elle, how r u? Lama tak drop sini, server problem skit.sape yg baca entry ni mesti teringat zaman kanak2 dulu kan..bestkan..berbeza ngan budak2 skang!

p/s:sedapnya pie tee tuh!!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mamamia...

selamat dtg ke rumah saya:)
I think we should the children now to more activities outdoor kan?


Cath...

probably the email is circulating now:)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

maklang...

zaman dulu ngan skg lain kan?kenapa dulu kita bolih buat semua ni tapi skg anak2 sendiri di kurung dlm rumah?nak keluar pun tak bagi melainkan abah or mama yg hantar kan .... mereka tak bebas macam kita dulu kan?


Sya...

I second your komen....betul tu anak2 sekarang ter - kurung olih parents sendiri..nak kata naka manja..tak? its the parents syndrom!!!betul tak? esp yg nak menujuk2 tu.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

queen...

anak2 sedara I skg bila kata nak gi holiday semua nak hotel yg berkelas,nak makan breakfast yg sedap,hancurrrrrrrrrr.Bila kata yok lets go to the wildpark...semua tak nak ikut takut gigit nyamok lah...macam2 excuse dia org bagi.

haha...how to be adventurous???? lets see how your children fare eh....hehe

7:36 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

nani...

kakelle sihat wal'afiat di harap Nani and family pun begitu ye.

Those were our childhood days kan?
mmm...pie tee mmg sedap:)

7:38 PM  
Blogger silversarina said...

salam,

I'm back , ada keychain egypt untuk kak elle...

bila ingat masa kecik memang best, pernah naik vespa arwah abah, round petang-petang dalam camp askar...berdiri kat depan sebab kecik sekali masa tu.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

Rina..

salam kembali and thank u for the key chain tu...your magnets maklang dah simpan dalam peti kat kerteh...hehe

betul tu our childhood more ligat kan?

9:21 PM  
Blogger D said...

time evolves... those days were the wonderful days, kan?

12:07 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

d...

if only we can have those days again rite?...we were so relax then no music lessons,no ballet,no speech and drama classes etc and most of all NO STRESSED PARENTS AFTER US....... main sehari suntuk.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Mulan said...

got the same email too. syok kan kita masa kecik2 dulu. takde ps1, ps2.. semua main luar rumah je..

1:45 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mulan...

yeah to good old days:)skg you kena fight with children for the pc....hahaha

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fall in that category. We had lots of fun, memang kebal bila kena hujan Seingat I, masa kecik, tak pernah tengok doktor sebab sakit..anak-anak sekarang...hai...

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home