Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I like to thank everyone who supported me with entries on food.One way or another my menu and recipes inspire some to try cooking again:)
To tell you the truth I use to hate cooking before until arwah mak left us suddenly in 1989 and I was given the task to take over the kitchen.The fear was that.. bolih kah aku buat ni semua masak untuk family?Insya'allah dgn berkat doa rupa nya di kurniakan dua tangan yang pandai mencoba and reka masakan.Masa arwah mak masih ada kalau bulan ramadhan I will be the one doing all the cookies and kek lapis rempah.Mak cuma buat tarts nenas which she is good at and kuih makmur .... yummylicious betul.During CNY beribu tarts dapat order and all sisters will help yg isi nenas,menyepet,buat pattern atas nenas and bakar and arrrange dlm bottles.Now my sister Lina has taken over that task and her tarts and makmur are just like maks.
For me I am good with my kuah2 and goreng2 and the first raya without mak was a test for me.How to cook for so many people?I was all alone planning what to cook and prepare and being first raya without mak my aunt Ju who lives in Australia came to spend it with us so that we won't feel lonely.I did all the cooking and then a mistake with the sambal goreng...eh why so pale looking?aiyo lupa letak cili masa menumis....lekas tumiskan cili and masukkan the pale sambal goreng and gaul betul at last cantik nya kemerah2han.After that raya cooking for the rayas to come was nothing dah jadi expert pulak.....hahaha

Now if they want recipe they will look for me until bro in law Saat told me to compile them into a book and distribute to siblings:)Actually cooking is a matter of practicing you will learn from trial and errors.Some are gifted in whatever they try sedap ....... even now I like to invent something and always want to make it easy and simple.Tried doing lots of microwave cooking and glad to say frying ikan bilis,keropok without oil was a success...yippee!I also did kuih talam lauk using microwave and it turns out good until my aunt ask how to do it but ofcourse when she tried tak menjadi.Cooking rice and pulut in microwave oven is norm for me no mess at all and steaming fish just in 2 minutes too.

Today boss gave us a treat at Swensen and its for 2006 lunch ..... hahaha....somehow we managed to clear the crowd by 1pm .... at first we thought oh no looks like we have to cancel the lunch again.We left earlier leaving Dr.Adah to see her last 2 patients and join us later,all of us had fish and myself chicken and doc boss pasta.My boss is the chairman for the group and at least he thinks for the staff and when we were having lunch he discussed with us about we having to move to new location as they are going to demolish level 4-6.He says we are offered a new location in basement 2 .... huh a place where you don't see sunlight at all so whether it rains or shine we can't tell but nearer to supermarts and Banquet food court.We are expected to move before middle of next year and from now we have to discard unwanted stuff.Being in medical we have to store medical records for at least 5 yrs!! mana ada tempat???With this annoucement its a relief for us too at least our job still there....hehe


till my next entry..............

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger UglyButAdorable said...

sana makan..sini makan..aduuhhh...

10:42 PM  
Blogger maklang said...

kak....betul tu compilekan le...boleh maklan tumpang gak...

11:00 PM  
Blogger silversarina said...

Emmm tart nenas , my favourite.... ada je yang kak elle sebut I teringin ish ish ish....

11:34 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

UBA...

makan and makan lagi ways of life...eh you on diet ke?


maklang....

tak payah compile ler kalau nak masuk je kat dapur kakelle in times penuh lah tu:)kalau rajin lah....haha


Rina...

kenape eh byk org suka tarts nenas?I for one tak lah gitu minat,my nephews tarok sepinggan licin habis..kekadang my siters kena sembunyikan kang masa raya botol kosong.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Mulan said...

swenson...tart nenas.. yummy yummy..

betol tu kak elle, u should compile all yr recipes & publish in a book.. i'll be the first to order..!!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sya said...

Kak Elle I agree with you about cooking is a matter of practice and learning through trial and error. Semuanya bergantung kepada kemahuan samada nak buat atau tak. When there's a Will there's a Way kan?

10:39 AM  
Blogger aNIe said...

Kak elle...lady dulu tak pandai masak...hahahah...teringat nak masak kari kene lari pi umah mak tanya resepi...heheheh...malu...

1:27 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

I pun suka sangat tart nenas!!!

Kak Elle, I suppose we learn to cook when we must, then we learn to love to cook, especially when we love to eat!!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mulan...

will let you know but ntah bial.....


sya....

betul tu we have to try and from there we learn the mistakes nothing is impossible.


kak lady...

kelakar nya nasib rumah mak dekat!kalau jauh cam mana agak?

6:45 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

Queen...

we have no choice tu and the more we cook the better cook we become:)

tarts?ok another fan....haha

6:47 PM  
Blogger simah said...

have always loved this song...!!

to move to basement 2..is that good or bad to u?

eee... i cant go to places without window.rasa mcm claustophobic..dalam kereta pun i have to open the window a bit..

nanti kalau akak kerja kat basement tu..u will be there for hours n hours...boleh tahan ker akak?

yum yum... betul la akak... masak ni memang tials n errors kan?

2:04 PM  
Blogger pekan said...

hehehe.. masih ader kerja.. :D
selamat berkemas..

3:07 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah...
basement tu ok kot...banyak pun shops at the basement..only tak dpt tegok matahari.


pisces...

ni yg malas nak mengemas...

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home