Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Friday, August 31, 2007


Puan Noni Marsuki

SINGAPORE : Four teachers have received the President's Award, the highest honour for teaching in Singapore, for their commitment to their work.
The four are Madam Yip Jee Cheng from Mayflower Primary School; Madam Parameswary Sundar Rajoo from Montfort Junior School; Mr Yeo Leng Quee from Peirce Secondary; and Madam Norlita Marsuki from Sembawang Secondary.

They were selected from over 1,300 nominations by nearly 200 schools. One of this year's recipients, Madam Norlita strongly believes her students can make a living out of art. Her students' masterpieces are plastered all over the school - from the stairways to the school hall, and even on the floor.

The Head of Visual Arts at Sembawang Secondary said, "I'm not expecting all of them to become art teachers or art designers or full time painters. Via art, giving them an assignment or a project work, I just want to inculcate the feeling (of) being committed. "They have this certain sense of integrity. You have to finish the work on your own. And sometimes you have to work in a team. With all this clear in your mind, that's when you go for excellence."

Some of the students' works have actually gone under the hammer earlier this year and raised about S$22,000. Part of it will go to charity, and part of it will fund a students' field trip to Indonesia at the end of the year. Grades wise, some 80 percent of arts students scored distinctions in the subject in the school.


The other three award winners also scored high points for their commitment, and were given Singapore's highest honour for teaching by President SR Nathan during the Teachers' Day reception at the Istana on Thursday. More than 30 teachers have won the annual awards since 1998. The Education Ministry also launched a special book to commemorate 50 years of Singapore Education. Limited editions of the book will be given out to all schools.
Some of her students work on display.
My heartiest congratulations to Noni norabella sister who is one of the presiden award recipients this year.A very dedicated teacher she must be even though I don't know her but I am glad she won this award.Keep up the good work and bless you.
till my next entry.............

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Cat Cat said...

kak elle,
Ini macam Teachers of the Year Award la kan? Cantik-nya all the student artworks.. Colourful.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

cath...

aha sama lah tu:)I am proud of her her artworks was shown on tv last nite.

9:50 AM  
Blogger aNIe said...

Kak Elle...masa baca Noni Marsuki tu rasa macam kenal aje surnamer tu...Tahniah buat cikgu Noni & the other three award winners

10:08 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

kaklady...

surname tu macam pernah dengar kan?

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A noble profession, most of us still remember our teachers until now:)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

hazia...

how are you sis?still busy writing your book eh?

yes here in sg 1st sept is teachers day.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Salam Kak Elle...
Tahniah Cikgu Noni... semoga sukses selalu.
Kak Elle... buat apa tu? Aum cak!!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

OD...

I baru je habis buat my homework...mmm apa lagi e-billings lah from work tu:)

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interessant!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home