Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I am writing this as to answer to Simah's question how many nephews and nieces do I have?
I come from a big family unlike now everyone tend to have small family either I child or most 2 children.Their main reason its not easy to look after them and expensive to maintain.Sometimes it makes one wonder how our parents manage to look after us before?Maybe last time things were cheaper than now but once again at the present moment we are earning 100 times more than them but how come we still can't afford?ok ok we flow with the times so lets not make an issue of it.

I come from a mix parentage on my maternal side its dutch and they come from banten(not too sure of spelling)and on my grandma side its 50%dutch and 50%javanese royalty where they hold the title of raden.Late grandma Jamela is educated and speak english unfortunately we have no pictures of hers and neither have we met her.She died young during the occupation when my own mother is just 3-4 yrs old.After her marriage to grandpa Eming they came to singapore from batavia and remained here till they died.They left behind 3 children my aunty Badariah,my mother Hasanah and younger brother Iman who died due to missing them.My aunty and mom were look after by their aunty nek nik and its so sad at that age they were orphans.My aunty is now probably around late 70's and my mom died at the age of 52 after an AMI.She left us suddenly without saying good bye and her last word to me was her chest hurt before she collapsed and between me and my sister Lina we did the CPR on her and managed to bring her back till the ambulance arrived.She died 4 hours later at the CCU and I was devasted ....I will talk about the emergency treatment and all some other time.

On my paternal side my grandma Amnah is a mixture of malay/java/anglo and grandpa malay/java......they sometimes spoke in javanese so that we don't understand what they talking about.She was hell of a fierce lady and was never loving to me or my siblings as far as I can remember....but always very nice to her own daughter's children (thats my cousins).I hope my cousin Lin(s'pore) and cousin's daughter Musliha(in Netherland)are reading this...nenek is biased and its true.Even though I have a nenek its like I don't have one at all and I don't regret it at all.Mus fyi I read your entries and what your mom went through was exactly how my own mom went through too so we have something in common:)...so sorry I got carried away.

Now come to my own family tree the Jellanies.

Jellanie and Hasanah(arwah)....al-fathihah.

1.Latifah

2. Baharudin & Nan.......3 children......Jeffrie......Risna.......Helmi
5 grandchildren

3. Maria & Johan............2 children.......Kristina........Adam


4 Esa(arwah)& Rosaini...2 Children.....Siti Hajar....Asykary


5.Rosman & Laela..........4 children.....Hadi....Ali....Nadia....Fatin


6.Ramlah & Saat.............2 children......Shafiqah......Shafique


7.Effandi & Sabariah........4 children....Rudi .....Syahida....Nazura....Haziq


8. Norlina & Yazid........4 children......Huda.....Ameer....Syakira.....Nazeera


9. Aini & Kamsadi........3 children.....Hannah.....Hafiz.....Adriana Nadira


10.Muhammad & Suriany.....3 children......Nadya......Asfar......Qusyairy

Simah I hope you get the answer now so how many nephews and nieces do I have?
27 of them:) and I hope it will stop there......hehe

Just imagine when its hari raya how many packet zakat I have to prepare and not to mention the birthdays ........ oh it does burn a big hole!!
Ontop of that I have 3 grandnephews and 2 grandnieces and 1 coming in July.

ok groovy granny is signing off
till my next entry............





Labels:

29 Comments:

Blogger maklang said...

Dah geoovy dah pulak....:) can't wait to meet you and the rest...

10:44 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

maklang ...
nama tu dah di bagi si Mulan
saya pun tak tahan menunggu hari sabtu.....here I come.....

10:59 PM  
Blogger M A Janssen said...

Glad someone's on my side instead of against! The ironic thing was that when I left Singapore in 2001, I had so many to call family but by the time I came back for Hari Raya in 2004, I had very few to call my own and even fewer still after Dahlia was born. It's taught me a lot on the mentality and attitudes of our culture in general and it was depressing to think about how I would be alone if, god forbid, anything happens to my parents. So it's been really good to know that I have Abah's cousins to turn to and I sure look forward to seeing you guys this year. I have always remembered Tok Gemuk for as long as I've lived - Tok Meme used to be my fav granduncle but I don't have many left now so Tok Gemuk is it!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mus...
The Jellanies have never against ,we are happy for you and as I said in my tag your parents are the only ones of the Ajmains who come and visit us every year without fail...so keep in touch!looking fwd seeing you and family also.

11:35 PM  
Blogger aNIe said...

Kak elle...ramainya anak sedara...sekarang ni anak2 sedara dah stop kot...tunggu cucu sedara aje lah...

Hehehe...nak gelak kak elle tulis tu...groovy nanny...

12:14 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

kaklady...
lah kan dah di bagi nama kena lah gunakan....haha
cucusedara?anak sedara yg dah kawin baru tiga tak kan nak suruh dia org buat every year...lagi kopak saku ni nanti....hehehe
kaklady lagi berapa hari???????

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kak elle kalau free boleh lah letak picture sekali ..tentu menarik..

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) grooovyyy :)

cewahhhhh.....!

idham

3:44 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

ajzie...
memang mula2 nak letak but too much work esp have to upload some pictures...will do it one day insya'allah.

idham...
groovy ape and lagi cun:)hahaha

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you almost need another job to have enough raya money for all your nieces and nephews:) They are still a joy to be around and getting to know them when they are young adults is even better.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

judy...
you are right the angpow to distibute do sound a lot but its the joy on their faces makes your day:)being much older I learn a lot from them in latest hips.

7:01 AM  
Blogger ~ GAB ~ said...

Whoaa... you have a big family. Funny, our people those days were able to raise many children but nowadays hardly we can see a family with more than 5 children.

One thing for sure, we cannot question on how they raise a big family for it's not fair if we say those days everything was cheap; we also have to bear in our minds, they didn't earn big either. When it comes to think of it, it lies back on what "rezeki" is all about.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kak Elle, Musliha itukah yang dipuja-puja oleh Othman Hamzah back in the 80's? We love that song so much those days..and now I am a big fan of the younger Ajmain..he..he..

11:41 AM  
Blogger pekan said...

wow.. very big family.. tahniah..

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sya said...

kak elle.. ramainya.

Actually Malay Singapore masa tahun 60 an memang ada ramai anak. My biological parents in law that stays in An Mo Kio now has 18 children.. 5 has past away, 4 gave to others and the remaining dia jaga.

My MIL punya anak angkat Adam Othman now staying in Chua Cho Kang also come from a big family. Anak Pakcik Othman semuanya lebih kurang 10 orang .. anak Adam sendiri dah ada 7 orang termasuk kembar.

Lagi satu kakak angkat di Singapura also ramai adik beradiknya.

Sama mcm kakelle.. agaknya kalau saya tau nama tiap seorang kak elle maybe kenal.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Mulan said...

kak elle, seronok la ramai2 gitu. but yes, time2 raya & birthdays (plus aniversary if they invite u laa..), he he kena siap2 $$ and gifts la nampaknya. semoga kak elle dimurahkan rezeki selamanya..

3:54 PM  
Blogger M A Janssen said...

To norabella: Yes, I am that Musliha. My father, Ahmad Husaini Ajmain, wrote that song for me when I was 8 mths old. My brother is now contuining the tradition although he has yet to re-record that song for me! :P Guess will have to wait. Thanks for your support for him.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

bro gab...

yes a real big family sometimes I wonder how my parents cope:)but I guess being the eldest I help look after the younger ones.True we can't question on how they managed it as times was also as bad.

nora...
your question on musliha been answered herself below...yes thats the one and only musliha sang by othman hamzah.

pisces...
rezeki ada banyak adik beradik and anak2 sedara kan?

sya...
maybe I know them but tak bolih jamin...

mulan...
betul tu...kena simpan $$$ banyak2...hehe

mus...
let imran know abt this blog maybe he can comment abt himself:)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Mama Sarah said...

Wow! Sounds just like my family! I have 60 cousins from the paternal side. And 40 from the maternal side. None of them share the same name!

Musliha... macamana lagunya ya???

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K.Elle, maintain groovy ok..

Norabella, nice meeting u tadi, sorry kelamkabut sikit.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the explanation.. i think now i can understand better esp when it comes to the birthday wishes n what not.. :0)


*hugs* i can imagine ur feelings when u were treated unfairly.. maybe it is time to forgive n forget?..despite everything..still u turn out to be one very nice lady..that is what very important kan?

thanks again for the family tree explanation

9:19 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mamasarah...
real big family eh...musliha a very nice song kalau u ingat gadis melayu i think that song was in the same track by othman hamzah written by my cousin now his son Imran Ajmain has taken over.

adah...
memang maintain selalu ...haha

9:20 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah...
u are welcome..I just felt sorry for my arwah mom she was bullied by her sisters in law doing everything in the big house and we children were neglected and she vent her anger on us.....anyway its all over now:)

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kak Elle...counting the days now...another...3 more days....

9:53 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

kak lady....
me too....hehe

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Musliha...Musliha..I wonder if you know or remember how people went crazy over your name and the famous song during those days! Thank you for the clarification dear. Hope you are doing well with your family. Take care. As for your brother..he..he..I simply admire his talent and the well known song.."sayang..yang sudah tu sudah"

7:23 AM  
Blogger M A Janssen said...

To Norabella: I do remember & I feel quite proud about it but not too many ppl know it now - my peers and friends have no idea about the song and it's only when the older folks around them talk about it, then they'll know. Still waiting for my brother to do a remake of the song - maybe then I'll be 'famous' again! Hahaha. Just kidding!

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah Kak Elle :

Nice family tree and branches you have there ! I too came from a large family and we are close with both sides - imagine the kecoh during gatherings - we had to book the entire resort !

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alamak - belum sempat tulis nama dah ter-publish.

That was me up there Anon 7.43pm.

Mak Andeh.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home