Selamat Datang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Eldest and working in healthcare industry.Love my siblings and my many nephews and nieces..live in Singapore.





links

FAMILY
Ameer Hassaan
Hannah
Huda
ImranAjmain1
ImranAjamin2
Musliha
Nadia
Nazurah
Rudi


FRIENDS OF THE BLOGLAND
Adiejin-my
Ajzie-Germany
Cat Cat-USA
Catlover
CikMilah-My
darling d-England
Faiza-France
~Gab~-My
Hazia-My
Helena-My
Idham-Jeddah
Kak Lady-My
Kak Luna-My
Kak Teh-London
Lollies-Doha
LuJordan-Jordan
Mak Andeh-MY
Mak Lang-Kerteh
Mamamia-My
Mas-My
Mulan-Vietnam
mamasarah-England
Mush-Belgium
nani-My
Nazrah - Dubai
Neeza - Saudi
Nora-Sg
Nor ash-Sg
nurazza-My
OpahDe-Australia
Qisst-My
Queen-My
Raden Galoh-My
Sakura-My
Sarina-kemaman
Sentral Station
Simah-Turkey
Singakelabu-Japan
Suealeen-My
Sya-My
Syuf-My
Tie-My
tulipurple-My
umi_e-My
Ummi-My
ween-My
whizcakes-My
Yhaslin-My
Yus-England
zany-My
Zino-My
zlaa-UK


Recipes

Dapur Kak Elle

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Geylang si paku geylang .......
Today I went to geylang with my sister Lina and bro in law Yazid and along with my 2 nieces Shasha and Nana.I was away at the market when she called so I didn't get the call anyway she and Yazid came by when I was in the kitchen cleaning up the stuff I bought from the market and infact the chicken rendang was already on the stove cooking.

They went back to store their marketing and came to fetch me again an hour later as I wanted to look for curtains .... yes curtains for the raya since my last curtains was changed 2 yrs ago.Its a shame to change every year when you can recycle them for couple of years.Why waste $$ as its not cheap to get new curtains done.




This gold and lime green border is for the sitting room ... its of organza material and I got it at an offer price of $100/- for a 4 panel windows.



This yellow lace and beige satin emboidery is for yours truly bedroom ..... haha ..... a 2 panel window at sale only$39.90 a real good bargain for me:)


This creamy beige brocade look alike is for the guest room - 3/4 length ... mmmm...... a bit costly at $69/- mmm ...


I also bought these pins butterflies to hang and decorate the curtains ..... haha ......




This is a clip on to keep the curtain aside .......




Rubber bands to hold the curtain like a pony tail ......................
I also bought organza cushion covers to go with the colour scheme.

I haven't been to geylang for years and esp during ramadhan ..... so many bazaars in every corner.I went to Joo Chiat Place to get the curtains .... so many shops and so many designs to look at that you don't know which to get.Nevertheless I am happy with my purchases and I use parts of the hongbao I got from my sis Aini and Kam.

I did this rendang once I got back from the market so that I don't have to rush back doing it and for the rest of the ingredients to cook I prepared them so it will be easy when its time to cook.





Besides rendang I also make sambal goreng yg enak ni .... hahaha .....
recipe at dapurkakelle
Sya if you are reading this entry take a peep at the recipe .... easy to cook.


Mini frozen murtabak .............

My sis Lina and family was supposed to have iftar with me but then her "monster mom-in -law"(rina remember the joke when you became MIL?) called to say she and father-in-law coming to their place so what choice does she has but to have it with them.Since the rendang was already done I pack for them since the children like them.


ps...Huda made a comment not nice to call her grandma 'monster'... obviously she didn't know the joke .... sorry eh Huda ... hehehe




My sis Ram and family came too and she brought with her popiah goreng and laksa and also the real murtabak.Lots of food tonite and I had the mango after.

Hope your iftar as good as mine or perhaps more not to mention maklang .... her dining table must be full of food .... hehehehe

We have 26 more days to go and insya'allah we'll make it.





The butterflies came early this morning into my room .... haha



till my next entry..............












Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Magnoliakisses said...

eh wak.. tak baik you call my grandmother a monster..

she's still my grandma afterall, and the only one i have left you know..

three more weekends to go & we'll buka together at your place soon.

it's ramadhan, anyways.

live & let live, & make peace (:

11:45 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

huda....

alamak didn't you watch the comedy monster mother in law .... hahaha....its just a saying lah not to take it to heart:)

5:23 AM  
Blogger maklang said...

cantek those curtains! Mine is still in the plastic bag. Insyaallah...soon, nak kena jahit so that can gantung. Mine has been years since I last changed plus yang itu dah buat langsir for the new TV room area...Malasnya nak jahit and to buy ready made curtains for more than 22 panels of curtains...rabaklah poket kak...

6:24 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

murah bab tu beli kalau nak jahit pun nak beli kain nak hantar upah lagi-lain lah kalau pandai menjahit sendiri kan? Rumah besar byk kena guna langsirkan?
Tu pun guna duit 'hongbao'alhamdulillah...

6:36 AM  
Blogger Cat Cat said...

kak elle,
Cantik rerama kat curtain. What a coincidence! Cath tak beli curtain semalam tapi masa cleaning, Cath buka semua curtains dan masuk dalam mesin basuh. Now, all my curtains are clean but not as pretty as yours lah... :D

8:53 AM  
Blogger aNIe said...

Kak elle...wah!! dah siap2 beli langsir untuk raya ke?...Lady tak buat aper2 pun lagik...langsir pun dah pakai 3 tahun...heheheh...takpe...langsir lama pun raya jugakkan....

10:14 AM  
Blogger pekan said...

cantik langsir2 tue.. wah.. ni betul raya namanyer nie.. :D

selamat berpuasa kak..

1:58 PM  
Blogger MAMAMIA said...

Meriah rumah kak Elle raya ni nampaknya. Tambah lagi dgn kupu2 tu. Tahun ni langsir I recycled punya lagi.

Sekarang banyak ready made curtains, I pun prefer beli dah siap esp during sales. Ni dah lama tak pergi home dept, kalau pergi sure rambang mata.

3:05 PM  
Blogger M A Janssen said...

Nice curtains Auntie Tipah. I like the colour - very nice & we'll see them in person @ kepala Hari Raya!!!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

cath...

you beli baru ke tak beli tak faham!!!cute kan rama2 tu ada 3 sizes all so pretty and so many colours too.


kak lady...

tahun ni saya tak buat baju baru pasal ada 4 pasang lagi yg belum di pakai so jimat sikit:)

Langsir beli pasal ada 'hongbao'dan lagi ni tahun ketiga so baik lah tukar sekali:)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

pisces...

rumah pun nak raya kan?....hehehe


mamamia....

sebagai I kata kat kak lady...ada rezeki bab tu berganti:)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mus...

the colours and designs are ok to me actually there are too many to choose from ... kalau ikut hati semua lawa:)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Mulan said...

waahhh... cantik tu..!! takde barang vietnam di geylang ka? i met some sg business women yang borong barang here, then jual kat geylang.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

mulan...

I tak round kat geylang sebetul nya cuma aim the curtain shops aje..tak kuasa lagipun was with my sis and family...kang curtain tak beli lain yg di beli-nya....hehehe ... barang vietnam like what sorts????

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home